50 Questions Part 4 (Round 2)

08 September 2014


  1. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? What an eye-opening question. My instinct was to say the spring but as I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if that's true. Perhaps now? I guess I feel like I jumped onto this incline about a year ago, getting myself out of teaching and coming to the realization that I wanted to experience more as I went through life... and the climb is continually upwards, towards more. Now, I don't mean more as in more THINGS or I want my life to look like hers. No, I'm 25, and I want to look back and think I used my 20s well.  I'm traveling to caverns, having impromptu dinners with friends, hosting movie marathons, traveling to see different cities (see Charlottesville, explore Comic Con, run a 5k, camp in a bunk bed). Not all of my experiences have been so positive that I feel the need to repeat them but I've been saying "yes" more in the past year than perhaps any time prior in my life and that makes me feel alive
  2. If not now, then when? For most things... never. There are a few big things (such as seeing Iceland or Italy) that will certainly happen in the future and I really just can't responsibly take money to do them now. Yet, for most things in life if you're not willing to step up to do it for yourself then it won't get done. Oh, you want to volunteer? Why not now? You want to be fit sometime in your life. Now. You want to go on dates, form new friendships, and be more outgoing? Now. Think of the little things that build up to big things. If you think about what you want your life to look like five or ten years from now, you should start today. What's that saying? The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. 
  3. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? My biggest goal right now is becoming a pharmacist. So... for me I'm already on the path to achieve that. There's side goals along the way, but I stand firmly behind my purusit of them. I'm goal-oriented and I WILL get what I need in the end.
  4. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes.
  5. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because they don't support love. Not really. This is speaking as a young woman with a strong Christian background and a minor in religion. Oh, they're capable of love, but because their followers are human beings it won't ever happen. There will be open-minded people who try to change this, but in the end, people believing in these fictitious books that tell them so-and-so is sinning or your enemy... just ends in hatred. You could look at the shema and we would all be alright, but people want to feel like part of a club. The only way for them to feel special is for other people to not be special. It breaks me a bit because I think the world is special. God to me is humanity and doing things to better it.
  6. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? On some things, but not all things.
  7. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No. My current job is as a student. I would be so happy to pay off those student loans and have an easy mortgage, but that's about where it would end. Maybe I'd buy Noah a nice section or king mattress while I'm at it? But in the end, it costs more than that to raise a kid nowadays. It's more like that's a big helping boost towards a job you do want because you could spend time working on side projects to gain yourself experience for free (such as unpaid internships) without sacrifices comfort of living. 
  8. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing EASY. Let's be busy busy busy over here.
  9. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? No. In fact, I've only had one day exactly like this one so far at pharmacy school. I don't even like this question because it calls up feelings of pointlessness about life. You have to look at each day as an opportunity. If you feel like it's too routine, get out of your comfort zone. Take a new class, make something, learn an instrument, go to a new place and meet some new people. Don't let your life become zombieland.
  10. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Is now an acceptable answer? There's a lot of things I feel in the dark on currently, but I know myself, and I'm a person who will fight through anything. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...