50 Questions Part 5 (Round 2)

09 September 2014


  1. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Well, let's be honest, if they're all dying the best course of action is to bring them to me (selfishly) instead of wasting time trying to see everybody and only managing so few. But... I would take Noah with me, I'd go see Jake, and then drive with them to see my sister. 
  2. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. No desire to be famous and attractiveness you could work on while gaining years of your life through exercise. May not be a knock out still, but live a quality life, sure.
  3. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? A plant is alive! I like plants, but I don't want to be one. Truly living means experiencing new things, learning from mistakes, and allowing yourself to feel. 
  4. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you know it is right. The problem is that things are (almost) never so black and white as to know exactly what the right course of action is. There's a reason weighing your options is valuable. 
  5. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? 1) Because we are social creatures. We're afraid others will judge us if we fail. 2) We're insecure. We will judge ourselves when we fail. I think we can be taught not to do this, but it takes a lot of encouragement, and I think, rather young, for this to work. If kids are taught that it's okay to make a mistake as long as they keep trying or come back from it then it's okay.
  6. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Pass. (Also using the conditions of nobody would get hurt.)
  7. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Sunday morning! Our sunday school class was watching "Breathe" by Rob Bell and we ended up having the most interesting discussion on the video. Wow. Bell talked about YHWH, which is written that way because you can't say the name of God. The letters in the hebrew language represent breathing sounds... inhale... exhale. 
  8. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Haha, first world problems I guess. I love my dog but I feel bad because I've been so busy with pharmacy school that I haven't taken him to the dog park recently enough. I'm afraid he doesn't know I love him. There are other things I love too and sometimes I'm afraid to show it and sometimes it just comes bursting out from me. 
  9. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? Yes and no. Yesterday and the day before I'll be able to tell you the outline. Now, Saturday was when Noah, Ashley, Allan, and I went to ComicCon so I'll probably remember that. And that's kind of the point isn't it? To make memories that will last a lifetime? I'm really, really trying to truly live my life. 
  10. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Both. I suspect the answer to this question will always be both. If you make decisions just for yourself then you tend to be a selfish person who doesn't care about the consequences your decisions can have for others. However, if you only live for others then you don't allow yourself to be happy. I tend to weigh my options. Big things I look out for other people first - I don't like hurting people. Smaller, every day decisions I tend to lean towards my own wants and needs. Sometimes you have to look out for what you need because others won't and that's an odd thought to have. Hopefully you can surround yourself with true friends who will do what is best for you too.

1 comment:

Anu Lal said...

Thought provoking. Nowadays very little of this happens in blogs. Good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...