Greek Olympics

15 September 2014








The Greek Olympics are held at the pharmacy school each year and it's a friendly competition between the professional fraternities. Since P1s can't rush until spring, we're the only group in the school allowed to have a team that's not a fraternity. 

The games involve such challenging sports as a hula hoop contest, water balloon toss, tug-of-war, egg balancing race, and a three-legged race. P1s took 1st place in three of the events which meant we took home the gold! The games I participated in were the egg race and the balloon toss which were loads of fun. It's a really great team building exercise and it was good exposure to the fraternities. The fraternities also had a few people making dinner for us before the games started and they even had veggie burgers. I was quite pleasantly surprised. 

I haven't decided yet if I'll rush in the spring or not; I'm keeping my eyes open when it comes to the numerous organizations at the pharmacy school. In fact, later today we have an Org Fair so I'll report back about some organizations that I'm interested in sometime in the near future. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...