Week

21 February 2015


This whole week I've been sick with a virus and I've had plenty of it. It started about a week ago with a sore throat before my exam and escalated for a few days before a hacking cough started. So sexy. After seeing a doctor my best bet is really to wait it out, which is difficult, but at least it's not strep!

Beyond that, I had my first Kappa Epsilon meeting this week and I'm really happy with my choice of fraternities. We talked about the ceremonies, meetings, and events we'll be hosting and my friends and I are already planning some socials. 

Last night I went to a game night at Jeff's place and they're always so much fun. We played two games, but my favorite was Smash Up. It's similar to a deck-building game, but is also so simple that it doesn't take near the time or money to play most card games. Noah and I brought cookie cake to share and we all laughed it up over some card combos. The second game I sat out and chatted to Mary, Jeff's girlfriend, about pharmacy school. Jeff, Mary, and Will (who were all at the game night) are all either KE members themselves or are potential new members like me. 

Today I was supposed to drive to Baltimore with a group of P1s, but they're calling for 5-8 inches of snow so we had to cancel. It was a bummer because it was a free symposium where speakers would tell us about their experiences at clinical pharmacists. 


In other news... I'm done with winter! My favorite season used to be fall, but the older I get the more I think it's summer. With such limited time I really want to be able to come home and walk Odin by just stepping out of my door instead of adding thicker boots, gloves, a scarf, and ear muffs to my ensemble. Studying outside on my patio sounds like a dream in these cold months. Plus this year I don't have to take a class over summer and that gets me really excited! I'm already looking at swim suits because I'm getting ready to live it up this summer. It's exciting because it will be the first time in my hometown that I'm old enough to do whatever I want AND have my friends from school be around. Most of the pharmacy students aren't leaving for summer because they're paying rent here. Should be a great time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...