Seattle, The Needle, Glass, and the EMP

01 July 2015





First thing in the morning we went to the Space Needle (after almost an hour in traffic at 9-10am) and got our city passes. They allow us to see multiple exhibits in Seattle for $70 which saves you a lot of money if you're going to hit up the museums and sites anyways. So we got our tickets and went up on the elevator at the Needle. The view was beautiful! I thought that it would be entirely closed in, which you are, but there is open air at the top too. The restaurant is below the observation deck and rotates, but the majority of the structure is anchored. Everything about the view was as gorgeous as you are lead to believe. 







After the Needle we went to Chihuly's Glass Garden museum. Somewhat surprisingly this may be my favorite art museum that I've ever been to. Noah questioned that since we've been to the National Gallery of Art an the Louvre, but I stand my ground. These creations were colorful, fun, and very unique and every room put a smile on my face. This is definitely an exhibit I would recommend to others. 




Our final tourist stop for the day was the EMP museum, which had exhibits for Star Wars, fantasy, sci-fi, Looney Tunes, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, and indie games. It was a cool experience to walk through everything and was overall pretty interactive. I would recommend it to others, but I would do the Needle and Glass museum if you were pressed for time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...