Charlottesville Wedding

13 December 2015


Congrats to our newlywed friends, The Smiths! Noah, Nic, and I travelled down to Charlottesville yesterday to celebrate with our friends as they started off their married life. It was the first time I had been to a Catholic wedding and it was a beautiful service. The site was beautiful, the music was lovely, and it was wild to see our friend with a ring on his finger.

I think that happens as you get older. It's nice to have other friends joined the married club, but it's odd now that we'll go to weddings for long-standing friendships. As friends move away and everyone gets busy we get to see each other less and less so it's these big moments that bring everyone back together again to celebrate and have fun. It's nice to have friendships like that. 

The reception took place at an absolutely stunning country club. I have no doubts that this will be the fanciest wedding I will ever attend. Immediately upon arrival we were greeted with a cocktail bar. And we caught up with some of our old college friends. Wow, what a great experience. When we moved indoors to the reception we were seated together along with Duncan, Sarah, and Steve and three others that we were just meeting. We had a hilarious table, which made for such a great dinner and evening. So many funny people all in one spot. 

As a side note, I love seeing Noah with a new group of people. It's kind of like I step outside of myself and can look in and see again all that "first love" that I once felt. I like the steady burning that you get with time, but it's nice for those feelings of infatuation to flair up again. He's definitely in his element at events like this. 

All in all it was a fabulous event with lots of friends, drinks, dancing, and some memories that will definitely stick with me. Here's to new love and long lasting happiness! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...