Home

10 September 2016


Did you know that there is a reset button for your soul? I didn't. This past week has been full of challenges and there's no way to easily talk about it. So I won't. Today though, I went home, to my alma mater James Madison. When I drove through the valley with the blue mountains rising on either side of me with grains and farm houses lining the highway I started to feel a little nostalgic. Driving up to my school, my home for five years, was like throwing off the cloak of despair that has been wrapped around my shoulders. I was home. JMU provided me many years of joy and growth and some incredible friends, but I never knew the power it had to turn around even the darkest of times. Some days it feels like I'm just slogging through a variety of challenges, but after today I know that I'm still me. Life can throw you down and run you over, but you have to take it one day at a time and just know that you will come out the other side. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...